Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ever wanted to kill a young store clerk? Well that may be a little extreme, but if looks could kill, they’re would be an opening at a Suncoast movie store.
I was shopping with my wife this weekend when she asked me to pick up a copy of Alfred Hitchcock’s Dial M for Murder.
I went to Suncoast where a female clerk in her late teens to early twenties came up to me. I asked her for the movie.
“Dial M for Murder?” she repeated.
“Yes, it’s Alfred Hitchcock.”
“Oh I’ve never heard of it. What was it called?”
“Dial M for Murder.”
“Dial? Can you spell that?”
“You know, dial, like you have to…” Then it struck me. This child never “dialed” a phone. “You used to have to dial a phone.”
She still looked confused.
“D-I-A-L,” I spelled it slowly.
“Oh, is that what your wife is asking about?”
“Is she here?”
“Is that her?” With that this nimrod clerk points out a woman who had to be at least 55-65 years old talking to the other clerk.
My new "wife" looked like a cross between Blanche from the Golden Girls and Flo from Alice.
(Those of you that know me already know that my wife is a 36 year old hottie.)
Despite my better judgment, I didn’t smack the child and bought the movie.
So my wife gets a favorite movie and I get insulted…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home