California Dreaming Part I

Not since Jed Clampet and family loaded up the truck and headed for Beverly…(Hills, that is.) has California seen such an invasion of southern goodness.
For the first time I hit the Left Coast and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I learned a few things….

Disneyland is even cooler than Disney World. Hey, it’s the original and you can see Walt’s eye for details in many areas. The park is smaller, but it has all the highlights and you don’t blister your feet walking the park. AND it’s Pirates of the Caribbean ride is even better than Orlando’s.

The people of California for the most part were very nice and laid back. With the one exception of the LAPD motorcycle cop who pulled me over for absolutely no reason. Obviously I didn’t get a ticket, but I now understand how they have gotten the reputation they have. You never saw Jon and Ponch harass tourists.

Don’t go looking for a country ham biscuit in California…or about any other kind of biscuit for breakfast. Fortunately there is a Jack in the Box on about every corner and you can get something other than bacon and eggs for a quick breakfast. (But what the heck is the idea of putting avocado on a hamburger?)

9 Comments:
Whoa! That one picture will have Walt D. tossing in his GRAVE!!!
I agree Misty!! That first picture WAS a little scary!!!!! :D
LOL - that's not the one I was referring too! LOL that is funny!
Hey MOnkeyboy - Post your Halloween basket when you get a moment _ I'm sure they all want to see what you won...
Yeah, I'll post my winnings soon. It's taken me a while to catalog all the loot. Then I'll have to get some help carrying to my photoroom.
I'll help you with the basket :D
Glad you had a nice trip.
I was thinking more of a dumptruck!
Ahem - this is getting pretty bad - update ....update....update
I GIVE UP!!!!! Where is Monkeyboy!!!
Oh Where Oh Where is our little Monkeyboy - Oh Where Oh where can he be - With his hair cut short and his tail so long Oh Where Oh Where can he be........TaDa!
Updateeeeeee ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home