I'm already enjoying the second season of the Daniel Boone series with Fess Parker. Mrs. Monkeyboy gave me those for Valentine's Day.
The third season comes out next month as well. It's a favorite. It's always fun to see who they get to play Indians. They were almost never native Americans in real life. Leonard "Mr. Spock" Nimoy was the son of an Indian Chief in one episode. Vic Tayback, who played Mel in the TV series "Alice," was another one. Tayback was the first Indian I had ever heard with a Brooklyn accent. (I actually met Tayback in a K-mart in Radford, but that is another story.) Of course Ed Ames played the hero Indian Mingo. He's best known for the hatchet throw on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It's in this clip, but it takes a while to get there...but it's worth it.
And just to prove me wrong, they are going to release WKRP in Cincinnati in the next couple weeks. Though I hear they may have changed some of the music due to the expense of the classic rock hits.
The third season comes out next month as well. It's a favorite. It's always fun to see who they get to play Indians. They were almost never native Americans in real life. Leonard "Mr. Spock" Nimoy was the son of an Indian Chief in one episode. Vic Tayback, who played Mel in the TV series "Alice," was another one. Tayback was the first Indian I had ever heard with a Brooklyn accent. (I actually met Tayback in a K-mart in Radford, but that is another story.) Of course Ed Ames played the hero Indian Mingo. He's best known for the hatchet throw on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It's in this clip, but it takes a while to get there...but it's worth it.And just to prove me wrong, they are going to release WKRP in Cincinnati in the next couple weeks. Though I hear they may have changed some of the music due to the expense of the classic rock hits.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home