Thursday, June 14, 2007

VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE

Hello everyone, and welcome to the MonkeyBoy podcast. Now to you this just seems like just a regular blog post, but it is like a podcast to me because I am dictating this into a microphone. I am playing with my latest toy...voice recognition software.
The computer is taking what I'm saying into the mike and is typing it on the screen. It still has a lot to learn, I don't think I bought the redneck version.

"Why are there so Indie songs about rainbows and what's on there is cyanide."
I was singing the song "Rainbow Connection" there. Of course the line is "why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?" I know you are disappointed that you can't hear me sing.
Supposedly this thing gets better as it learns more about you. I'm not so sure, but I think me and this program will have to go to couple's counseling.
At the end of the week, I'm either going to teach this thing to like NASCAR and biscuits and gravy or it is going to have me talking in zeros and ones. That's a little binary humor for you non-computer geeks.
Okay let's try a joke on this thing:

Sister Maria lives in a very strict convent where the nuns are allowed to say only two words every 10 years
After 10 years she goes to see the Mother Superior.
"Bed hard," she says.
Another 10 years go by, and again Sister Maria meets with the Mother Superior.
This time she says "Food bad."
Another 10 years go by, and it's time for the third meeting. By now Sister Maria is so unhappy that she blurts out the words, "I quit."
"No wonder," comes the reply.
"You've been here 30 years and all you've done is bitch, bitch, bitch."
Sorry about the language. That's the voice program...what I said was complain, complain, complain...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
That's all for now we'll have a real post soon. We have a lot to talk about. We should have a lot to say about Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan. But then again, much like them, that would be just too easy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite comic strip! I love those guys.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Monkeyboy said...

I love this strip too. I'm also a big fan of Get Fuzzy.

These strips came from the calendar on my desk at work considering it is a television newsroom it is especially ironic and it is also very true. (At other stations, I mean.)
The crocodiles are my favorite characters in this, but I do have to admit a fondness for Rat. He reminds me of myself.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

Be very very careful what you say young Monkeyboy - wouldn't want you to slip up and make a mistake. LOL

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home